Thursday, February 21, 2008

A Little Art, A little Cowboy

I finally made it to Ft. Worth, Texas. I drove all the way from Dallas. An entire hour.

I have heard great things about Ft. Worth. I'd like to start making it to some smaller Texas towns and Ft. Worth almost feels like one. I can sense the true Western images I have grown to expect. I just can't see them. They must be in the next town over.

Our first stop was the modern art museum in town. It was pretty nice. The building had a very cozy feel that helped make the art more creative. Or maybe it was the coffee I had first. The museum is small, but the quantity was really not the point. The point was leaving town...for a little time at least. There is a cool art exhibit currently showing. An animation made from watercolor paintings, stop-action figures, and sculptures. It was made by Joshua Mosley.

After the museum we made it to the stock yards. Simply a lame excuse exploit the once small Western city that I still hope to see. There was even a guy painted like an Indian. He put hand prints on his horse as cave paintings. Could he have been more offensive? If I had tried to get a picture I surely would have been charged a tourist fee. No thanks.

We then had a quick burger. The bun fell apart! Bad buns will ruin the best of meals. The least I expected from the stock yards was a good burger. It was OK though. Good fries. Good atmosphere. If wasn't for that bun...grrr.

Museum...Fake Indian...Bad Bun...Oh, and a candy store. That was fun too.




No comments: