Thursday, February 28, 2008

Cheese and Cookies

Some photos are Cheese to the max. You like them but you know you shouldn't. It's not that they are bad...necessarily. I mean, they can be creative. Usually the Cheese had gone bad though. It smells like last year's fashion. Or sometimes last decade's. It isn't until two decades later that they become cool again. I find myself thrust into the Cheese situation on occasion. I have to take the picture. I also have to shoot the Cookies.

A Cookie photo has been noted as being boring, simple, and manufactured. One of 100. Again, not a bad situation...necessarily. You can count on a Cookie. Often the Cookie is a necessary sister to Cheese. They play off each other's qualities. Alone...either can be just plain bad. An eye sore.

Together they might almost form a union.

Then again...they might not. In that case, you can always reflect on Cheese and Cookies to remember what to do better.


No comments: