Saturday, January 19, 2008

Starbucks - Station J

Station J.

J is number ten of 212 Starbucks serving burned coffee in Dallas city limits.

J finds its home in Uptown. Next to the Paul Frank Store and Banana Republic. J is conveniently located next to a beautiful new row of model homes perfect for todays graduates of Southern Methodist University and tomorrows CEOs of Pfizer.

I love coffee & I hate Starbucks. Local coffee shops either don't survive or simply don't exist in Dallas. It may be the obsession with driving & malls. It could be the fast-paced lack of community.

I complain...but I go. Maybe my bitter attitude toward corporate coffee finds a perfect mate with the bitter over cooked coffee I am served. I still get to stare and watch. People seem to have fun here. Smiling like perfectly directed models in an ad campaign. Can I suggest ignorance? Perhaps they just haven't tasted real coffee at a real coffee shop. They just don't know any better.

It could be that I embody the elite arrogance that keep people from adopting local coffee shops. A hint of intellect. A smidgen of taste. A sliver of sophistication. Thats what I want out of my coffee. You can keep your double-soy-carmel-pumpkin-latte. I'll just stick to my medium burned coffee. Two milks. Two sugars.




2 comments:

Anonymous said...

you should try the murray street coffee shop! free wireless for a change! avs

Daniel Sprague said...

heh, I work at starbucks, and i must say, I just hate coffee period. I have been in the business four two years and its nice to see that decent pictures can be taken with in coffee's presence.

daniel.