Tuesday, October 30, 2007

Rockies Make World Series...Then Lose

The World Series. To many it is the ultimate in sport. After all, the name implies that it is THE series in the world.

I always played baseball as a kid. In fact I played through high school. I made All-Stars once (the year my dad was coach.) I even went to the first ever Rockies game, and saw Eric Young lead off with a home run. So...you would imagine that I am quite the fan. Well...I'm really not. I mean, I too was caught up with the post season excitement, but honestly, since high school realities lead me away from sports I have not been too much a fan. I still like to watch the games with my dad sometimes - yes we have those bonding moments - but that is really the extent of my excitement.

Certainly more exciting was the fact that I got work from the Rockies unimaginable winning streak. I was booked for two weeks straight. It was great. It was great until the Rockies managed to screw up the excitement with a gross blunder with ticket sales that sidetracked the news from fun to, well, news. Online sales only. What ever happened to camping out outside for three days for tickets. That was fun. That made even loosing worth it. I guess we will leave that to real teams and real ballparks...like the Boston Red Sox and Fenway Park.

I didn't get to shoot any game action, which was fine by me. Only fans. So...enjoy.










No comments: