Wednesday, October 17, 2007

New York & About

I just spent an amazing eleven days in NY.

After two years, I got accepted to the 20th Anniversary of the Eddie Adams Workshop (regardless of my photography, I think I finally got a good recommendation.) The workshop was great. I met many people...some good contacts...some good friends. The speakers and faculty really did inspire great photography. You could tell that they were not there because they had to be...but because they truly wanted to. This certainly is the reason the workshop is so powerful. I hope to see it reach the 40th Anniversary.

While I never had the opportunity to meet Eddie Adams, his influence on the photo world is obvious. Each and every person who knew him released a glowing aura when remembering the man. During his traditional ceremony to remember the six photojournalists killed in Vietnam his son August placed Eddie's hat on a slab of stone in his remembrance. I couldn't help but stare at the hat and feel his energy release. Powerful to say the least.

I spent half my time in upstate New York near Liberty and the other half in Brooklyn. Man are those kids hip. I knew it was coming...but still it was a shock. I certainly need to buy some tighter pants if I plan to move there (which I am not.)

Anyway, these are photos from the trip.








No comments: