Friday, November 9, 2007

Grandma...You will Be Missed

Grandma--

I still remember your treats. The Jello with canned fruit mixed in at the bottom. Always red Jello. I also remember your etched glass cat in the living room. It was scary. One of my first memories of visiting you was when you still lived in New York City. I remember the trains screaming by and a couch. Was it green and suede? Probably not. I was quite young. You used to shave the carrots into the salad with chick peas and make your own special dressing.

I remember when you came to watch over us when mom and dad went to Belize. You called in to get me out of school. You called me Marc by mistake. It was funny. During that same trip I had to give you directions to the supermarket. I got us lost...but I remember it being fun anyway.

I remember walking past the pool with grandpa and watching you wade through the water with your floaty raft. I remember you sitting in a perfect circle with the girls, wearing sun visors and playing Mah-Jongg in a way that was so classic it should have been in a movie.

I remember we used to sit on your porch and look onto the lake behind the screen. We would see the ducks. That was nice.

I remember grandma. Thanks for the memories. You will be missed.

No comments: