Friday, November 9, 2007

Airports & Me

Many people don't like to fly. I do. I always thought it was fun.

I was the kid who didn't fake a big smile while being pinned with my very own set of plastic Golden wings.

Even long flights are fun. And when you leave the country you get free alcohol. When I went to Italy this past summer I had two mini bottles of wine. Then I saw a young girl from Switzerland order a vodka. I had to get a bottle of whiskey, and then, yes, another bottle of wine.

Of course there are usually no more meals while flying. At least not on a domestic flight anyway. Even a dissatisfying meal is better then the "snack" of peanuts they kindly give us now. I like raisins better and would rather have a second helping of Bloody Mary mix.

But it's not all about the flights. Airports can be fun too. Some people have terrible luck. My sister for example. Every flight she takes turns into a delay. And not just the two hour kind. We're talking 12-20 hour delays. Snow, crying baby, and smoking engine delays. Floor sleeping, 1000 page book reading, three cycles of CNN on those TV delays. Not me though. Hehehe. Usually my time is smooth and hassle free (knock on wood.)

In fact, if I can find and extra 30 minutes I am glad to have it. There are so many photos to take in airports. It is the one place where there is a forced integration of ALL people. No way around that one. People also do weird things at airports. Just think how fun it was to run around with your siblings. Now think how fun that was for your parents. People are weird. And flying seems to bring out the weirdness. I even like the business man with his Wall Street Journal.

Here are a few photos from the sky and in the airport. I just came home from a recent trip to Dallas.










2 comments:

Ivana Corsale said...

oh my dear, your flights are not always hassle free. Remember when you came to Italy and you got stuck in Stansted for one night???? What a nightmare, uh? :)

William DeShazer said...

Very cool man. I love the compositions and colors. Great seeing. I hope all is well.