Monday, March 3, 2008

Hillary

I got to cover Hillary Clinton as she passed through Ft. Worth en route to Dallas.

Unlike the small cold rally in Dallas, this was large and really makes me anxious to see who wins on Tuesday. There were estimates of 10,000, 12,000 and then 13,000 people. Really, I think there were around 8,000. But numbers are hard to tell. The point is, there were numbers. And large numbers there were.

Obama clearly has the edge on young people, but I think Hillary takes the votes from the country side as well as the older population. She is just conservative enough to attract those who want change but are too scared to veer away from what they feel comfortable with. It is strange that it is so difficult to match change with comfort. Maybe it is that people want to change as long as they don't have to give up their comforts.

Hillary made some jokes. Her voice a little raspy from the long campaign. I think she still has the drive though. She clearly hasn't given up, despite what I agree is a strong media bias toward the "Barakstar" that is Obama.

The one thing I know is that I want whoever loses on Tuesday to give it up. I'm afraid that too much delay will only help McCain, and further delay the possibility of change.








1 comment:

William DeShazer said...

Nice stuff man! I dig the last three frames the most I think. Did you have fun?